Why use EatFirst for your high tea catering?
Best local suppliers
Access to the highest-quality food from the best cafés, restaurants and caterers in your area.
Last-minute, no problem! We can get catering to you in as little as 90 minutes.
From product launches to annual conferences, our team can cater to just about any corporate event.
High tea catering that serves up all your favourites
Imagine savouring delightful finger sandwiches filled with smoked salmon, cream cheese or egg mayonnaise. Then, move on to some warm, buttery scones served with lashings of rich cream and strawberry jam. Our mouths are watering just thinking about it. There’s just something about little bite-sized treats that really elevates an occasion.
Opt for gluten-free scones or sandwiches for coeliacs, swap out meat fillings for vegetarian options, or choose from our range of halal high tea catering offerings. Whichever way you order, you're ensured to relish memorable food.
An authentic high tea experience for the workplace made simple
We're not just talking about tea and biscuits here. We collaborate with some of Australia's top high tea event caterers to deliver an authentic high tea experience to your event.
Jennifers Catering in Brisbane, for example, lets you put together your own selection of high tea classics like ribbon sandwiches, scones (served with chantilly cream!), and a variety of sweet or savoury treats. Or, you can leave it up to the experts and order a high tea package for all your guests.
If you're looking for a less conventional high tea catering menu, we can facilitate that too! We partner with renowned caterers across the country.
Our recommended high tea caterers
Tea Party Co
Deli by Dalton
Bella Catering and Events
Blackout Coffee and Catering
Luxurious Grazing Adelaide
Top Nosh Catering
The Blonde Butler
Tall Poppies Catering
The Village Baker
High tea catering items to order for any occasion
High tea catering items to order for any occasion
Who doesn't love a luxurious high tea? It's classy, enjoyable and versatile and can easily accommodate various dietary requirements.
And if everyone's keen on high tea and you're unsure what to include, here are some popular items:
- Finger sandwiches: Whether it’s ribbon-shaped or in a delicate triangle, opt for a variety of fillings to cater to everyone's preferences.
- Scones: Both plain and fruit options served with clotted cream and jam are always a hit.
- Pastries: Mini quiches, sausage rolls or vol-au-vents can add a savoury touch.
- Canapés: These small, elegant, and flavoursome bites can be a delightful addition to your high tea menu, especially if you’re DIYing it.
- Assorted tarts: Think mini quiches, and sweet fruit tarts – they are sure to impress your guests.
- Petit fours: Offering a variety of these tiny, decorative cakes not only adds an artistic touch but also caters to diverse sweet tooth cravings.
- Macarons: These bite-sized treats add a sweet finish to any high tea event.
- Tea selection: A mix of classic and exotic teas will ensure there's something for every palate.
- Add some bubbles: If the occasion calls for it, you might like to add a glass or two of sparkling wine or apple juice to your high tea selection.
We cater for vegan, vegetarian, dairy-free or gluten-free high tea orders
Regardless of the variety of dietary requirements you need to cater for, we'll most likely be able to assist! Here are some tips to ensure you're catering for everyone when you're ordering:
- Opt for a variety of fillings in your package. This way, vegetarians can enjoy their sandwiches without meat, dairy-free people can avoid cheese and mayo, and so on.
- Consider vegan sandwich fillings: Hummus with roasted veggies, avocado with tomato, and cucumber with dairy-free cream cheese are just a few tasty options.
- Opt for dairy-free pastries and sweets: Many of our caterers offer delicious pastries and desserts made without dairy products.
- Gluten-free bread and scones: No one should miss out on the quintessential high tea staple — scones. Look out for gluten free versions of these and any sandwiches that taste should taste just as heavenly.
- Herbal and decaffeinated teas: For those sensitive to caffeine, consider including a selection of herbal and decaffeinated teas. Running low? Check out our kitchen staples for a variety of tea, coffee and other necessities to keep your staff happy.
- Filter by diet: Our menus will indicate if items cater to certain dietary restrictions, but if you're unsure, give us a call! Our customer care team can guide you through the ordering process to ensure you're ordering food that everyone can enjoy.
FAQs about high tea catering
Do you cater for special dietary requirements?
Yes, we absolutely do! We have a wide variety of special dietary menu options available, including vegetarian, vegan, dairy free and gluten free.
Can I order a proper high tea party set-up?
Yes! Tea Party Co in Melbourne offers a full high tea package including table cloths, set-up, flowers and even vintage English chinaware.
Not in Melbourne? Let us know if you're after a full set up as well and we can help organise that with our crockery and cutlery hire options,
How EatFirst makes corporate catering simple
Always just a phone call away to help you with last-minute fixes, incidents or catering advice.
Located all over Australia, we're your local, dedicated corporate catering experts.
Working with our network of local cafes, restaurants & caterers to deliver the best quality.
Your local team for assistance navigating and troubleshooting the EatFirst platform.
We bring the widest range of suppliers to you
Local small business
Promoting the best fresh & locally produced options.
Charity and social enterprises
Supporting through promotion, charitable & food contributions
Showcasing fantastic suppliers preserving history through food
We are committed to sustainability
Recyclable kitchen utensils
Opt for trays, cutlery and napkins that are recyclable, compostable, & sustainable.
Locally sourced ingredients
Local and vetted Australian businesses, providing fresh, high-quality food.
Supplier sustainability ratings
We rate our suppliers on important criteria, and showcase this to you.
Hear from our happy clients
‘Delicious food & great customer service’
Order In is perfect for keeping our kitchen well-stocked with food & drinks. We love the wide selection of snacks and fresh fruit. Michael from Order-In always goes out of his way to make sure we have what we need, and to recommend new products for our pantry. Highly recommend!
‘Excellent company to deal with, great food, great staff!’
They have a great selection of suppliers, and their customer service staff is second to none! I have had nothing but great service from them time and time again.
‘It makes my job significantly easier’
Order-In is the easiest possible way to access a great variety of caterers around. It makes my job easier and allows me to have some fun choosing on the way. Thank you for all your help and support.
What’s trending at EatFirst
Cristal is a seasoned writer with a decade of experience in travel, business, and lifestyle writing. As a self-proclaimed foodie, she's spent the last 18 years exploring the globe, savouring dishes from Mexico, Thailand and India—her top foodie destinations. With a penchant for spice and a weakness for chocolate, Cristal loves how her home of Australia never fails to impress with an incredible array of global eats. As an enthusiast in writing, editing, and SEO, she joined the EatFirst team in 2023, ready to share her enthusiasm and knowledge with fellow food lovers.